PC lovers tend to collect a lot of hardware as the years roll by. Instead of leaving it to collect dust, why not repurpose it as a file-slinging server? Several free and open-source operating systems run extremely well on a wide array of older hardware. One in particular, FreeNAS, is extremely stable, easy to set up, and laser-focused on storing and sharing files across your home network. All you need is a working system with a reliable hard drive (or three) and a little time to configure everything.
- Next story 4TB DIY NAS (FreeNAS) – ECC RAM, Hot-Swap HDD, Server Grade MOBO, 4x HDDs Support – $750 (or less)
- Previous story Maturola at CES 2015 – Parrot Demo – Dancing Drones
- 4TB DIY NAS (FreeNAS) – ECC RAM, Hot-Swap HDD, Server Grade MOBO, 4x HDDs Support – $750 (or less)
- Home NAS – Turn your old PC into Network Storage Attached Server
- Maturola at CES 2015 – Parrot Demo – Dancing Drones
- LockedUSB MK2 Charge Only Adapter Aimed To Protect You From Malicious Chargers And USB Hacks
- Meet the new, reversible USB, Type-C, it can Support up to 100W of power!!!!